Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Affects Media has on Women

This week in class we discussed the effect the media has on teenage girls. The media has a huge affect on women because they show the ideal women to be skinny and beautiful. People believe that this has a negative causing affect because it causes girls to believe that they HAVE to be skinny and HAVE to be beautiful. Things like this can cause to low self-esteem and eating disorders. Sometimes when I read magazines or watch T.V. I say to myself I wish I had that or I wish I looked like that. After class this week I learned that so many of the pictures that we see in magazines and on T.V. are all extremely photo shopped. When girls put make-up one they are trying to hide themselves and their imperfections. The media has had this much affect on people but really they should be more focused on what's in the inside because that's what really counts. I think things would be a lot different if everyone lived in a society where looks didn't matter because then everyone would really be focused on what's on the inside.

I was talking about this with my friend at work and we were talking about weird but also how easy it would be if every single person in the world had absolutely no hair on their head. I know it sounds SO weird but things would be so easy. If every girl and guy had absolutely no hair people would never have to worry about their apperance because everyone would look the exact same.

3 comments:

  1. i dont think that if everyone had no hair then we would be equal. We are all human and can find flaws in everything. I think then it would be something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I really like that idea of no hair. It would help us concentrate on what makes us unique through our actions instead of our appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of no hair too! :-) I'll go first! LOL

    ReplyDelete